[DogParkList] Map displaying logged QSO's randomly??

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Sun, 11 May 2003 09:57:04 -0400

Hi Walter,

On Sunday, May 11, 2003, at 09:35  AM, Walter O'Brien wrote:

> Maybe I don't get what MAP is for? When logged QSO's is checked, are
> the calls supposed to be shown where they are, or in a list in the
> middle of the Atlantic, or near Buffalo, NY or sometimes Detroit?

When the "Show Logged QSO's" check box is checked, then all the entries
in your log will be displayed based on the "Grid" column in the log
file.

> Anybody else have this going on or am I expecting too much? I get the
> "cross hair and circle" over MY call and location, but the logged QSO
> calls come and go, and show up randomly, but always in one list, never
> on their respective locations....

I can't seem to reproduce that one here Walter.

Are all your log entries created in MacLoggerDX or have they been
imported ?

Are you using the QRZ CD Rom ?

If you are not using the QRZ CD Rom the program really has no way to
tell where a US call sign is located except from a cities database
which is not exhaustive, and the call prefix which is not all that
accurate since a W2 can move to W5 land and keep his call.

If you are using the QRZ CD Rom and a zip code is found for the call,
then we look that up in the U.S. Census zip code database to get the
geographical location for the post office that the zip code belongs to.

> Just curious... Oh yeh, I'm on v 2.9b5
>
> Still a killer program, I used it last night for the 6 meter spring
> sprint, what a huge help!
>
> 73, Walter KC2LBO
> --

Great ! Glad you are enjoying it.

Best Regards,
Don Agro

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com