[DogParkList] Beep on DX Spot

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:48:31 -0500

Hi Dino,

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 10:07  PM, Dino Papas wrote:

> Don---I'm trying to silence the chime on DX spot, to include the beep=20=

> for
> all the lines of the log-on sequence when telneting to a cluster.
> Unchecking the "beep" in the prefs file doesn't make it go away.  When=20=

> I use
> a straight telnet program I get the beep; when I use iCluster it is
> suppressed.  Is there another method of silencing the beep short of=20
> turning
> down the sound?
>
> Dino KL=D8S/4

Yes - the beep (control-G) is being generated by the DXCluster. The=20
DXCluster will have a command to turn it off.

SET/BEEP

or

SET/NOBEEP

On Tuesday, February 4, 2003, at 04:38  PM, KL=D8S wrote:

> Don--I'll give that a try but I notice when I use iCluster my cluster=20=

> will
> actually return the info line "BEEP ENABLED" and I'm not getting the
> beep....very strange.  Let me add that command to the MLDX list and=20
> give it
> a try....it's useful at times, annoying at others to have it sounding=20=

> off!

I'm don't know what iCluster does, but I would guess it is just=20
discarding the <control> G and not sounding it.
I prefer to sound it, since you can turn it on or off at the cluster.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com