[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX and ...

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 06:16:10 -0500

Hi Brian,

On Monday, November 18, 2002, at 08:59  PM, Brian Short wrote:

> I am a new user of MacLoggerDX and it is a great program.
> (Using a 500MHz PowerMac G4 with 4 serial ports, OSX.2)

Glad you are enjoying it.

> That said, I have a few observations or thoughts or ...
>
> First, I was a long time LogWindows user (from Win3.1)
> and that program allows clicking on a spot to set the VFO
> as well as to view the antenna bearing, etc.  Similar to
> selecting a spot from the "DX Spots" list.  Any thought
> given to allowing one to click on a spot directly?

Sure, that's an easy one, good idea... a mouse over would do what it
currently does, a click would act according to the current auto-tune,
or auto-lookup settings - as if that spot had just come in.

> Also, is there any way to select a larger font for the spots?

Do you mean on the map, or in the status line just above the map ?

> LogWindows supports pointing my antenna also, with the
> HyGain DCU-1.  Any thought given to supporting rotor controllers?

We don't want the antenna swinging around with every spot, but I could
put in a one-shot button that would point the antenna to the current
beam heading when pushed, it would require a possible third serial port
and settings, but that isn't a problem.

MacDopplerPRO has a number of Rotor Controller drivers in it to control
satellite azimuth-elevation rotors, so adding the button and drivers
would be fairly simple, but the GS-232 serial computer interface to the
G-5400 rotors is quite expensive.

Does your rotor have a RS-232 interface ? and if so, can you send me
the command protocol to control it ?

Thanks for the ideas Brian, I appreciate the feedback.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com