[DogParkList] Another Piece of the Puzzle

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 23:45:59 -0400

Hi Scott,

On Saturday, October 5, 2002, at 08:49  PM, B. Scott Andersen wrote:

> Yes and no. I have an ICOM IC-746Pro connected to the Cube with a
> twin adapter and it does work for a while.

How about on your other Mac ?

I assume you are using the 1.4b9 Keyspan driver on 10.2.1 ?

> Then, the software gets into a state where it crashes repeatedly.

Any chance of getting a look at the crash reports ?

> I'm still using the 1.6.x software and Don has posted version 1.7b2
> but I've yet to make that one work at all.

Actually 1.7b3 was posted on 24 September but I don't think it will
make much difference since the IO code hasn't changed since version
1.0. v1.7b3 has a small change to force 8 bit comms (the default) but
that hasn't made a difference anywhere else.

>  I've got some time this weekend (between ball games)
> and I'll try to make it work again.
>
> I don't think I'm out of the woods yet. In fact, if this was contest
> weekend for me (I don't contest yet, but maybe soon...) I'd be booting
> into MacOS 9.  Sadness...

Yes, It would be interesting to see if the people who were having
problems with WriteLog and TXManager under emulation with the USA-19W
are also having problems with those programs and the Twin adapter.

> And, by the way, it is AndersEn.

Got it.

Here is an update on the outstanding problems, please let me know of
any errors or omissions.

Name            Addapter OS     Radio         Status       Comments
--------------- -------  ------ ------------- -------
------------------
Chuck Sherman   Twin     10.1.5               Working      Reboot fixed
it.

Lyle Anderson   Twin     10.1.5 IC-756ProII   Working      Upgraded to
10.2

Pete Meier      USA-19W  10.1.5 Elkraft       Intermittent Switched to
Twin.
                 Twin     10.2   Elkraft       Quit working after switch
to 10.2

Scott Andersen  USA-19W  10.2.1 IC-746 Pro    Intermittent Switched to
Twin.
                 Twin     10.2.1 IC-746 Pro    Was working - now
crashing.

Patrick Merat   USA-19W  10.1.5 FT-1000MPMkV  Fails - Writelog and
TXManager
                                               both fail under emulation.

John Bastin     USA-19W  10.2.1 FT-1000MP     Fails - Writelog also
fails.
                 Twin                          Intermittent May have
cable problem ?

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com