[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX OS9

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 15:37:43 -0400

Hi Mark,

on 4/20/02 3:18 PM, w1ntl@wintle.com at w1ntl@wintle.com wrote:

>> Something may have gone wrong with your download or install of CarbonLib.]
>
> Thanks for the responses. I installed CarbonLib again and it works fine.

Great !

> Next silly question. I can't get it to "see" my IC-706 mkII. I have a cable I
> bought from K1NU that works fine with a PC. For the Mac beige G3 I used a
> known-good modem cable, a db-9 to db-25 converter, and a know-good gender
> changer. I set the radio type to IC-706 and click Radio VFO but I get "IC-706
> not found" I tried:
>
> Setting on Serial A and Serial B while the radio is in the modem port
> Setting on Serial A and Serial B while the radio is in the printer port
> Both of the above with and without a known-good mull-modem adapter in-line
>
> In all cases the log file says the same thing (even when disconnected):
> ->FE FE 48 E0 04 FD

The '->' means to the radio
    '<-' would be back from the radio.

Nothing is coming back from the radio. Could be the CI-V address.

>   ascii:,,h=O"  (actually the commas are backwards, the = is a not equal, the
> O is a box, and the double-quote is a closing smart double-quote)
>
> Yes, the radio is turned on. :)
>
> Any ideas what I could have missed? As I recall there is a radio setting for
> the ID of the IC-706, but I think the log would show some other data if I were
> getting that far. Baud rate?

For the IC-706 MacLoggerDX expects 9600 baud and CI-V addres 0x48.
You may have to temporarily change your CI-V address to this or the baud
rate to 9600.

I will add in drivers for the:

IC-706MkII   0x4e

...and the

IC-706MkIIG  0x58

Cheers,
Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
  www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com