[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX cluster activity

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:53:08 -0400

Hi John,

on 4/19/02 1:44 PM, John E Bastin, K8AJS at jbastin@sssnet.com wrote:

> I had MLD running on my PowerBook here at the office today, connected
> to a DX cluster keeping an eye on VK9ML (among others).
>
> Does MLD 'ping' the cluster node every once in a while, or something?
> The reason I ask is that at one point in the list I saw 5 'arc >'
> prompts between incoming spots. The only time I normally get a prompt
> is after I've sent a spot to the cluster, or if I just hit an empty
> 'return'. I'm not used to seeing all these prompts onscreen; what's
> up?

Yes, MacLoggerDX sends a 'return' every 10 minutes to keep the session alive
- this works with some DX Clusters but not all.

There may be a better way to prevent timeouts during low activity periods...

Cheers,
Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
  www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com